Monday, January 25, 2010

Intro

Hey, it's Prashant here...

A few of you may know that whenever I can find time away from the mundane, arduous facets of life, I like to write music. For the past few years, my material has mostly been for myself, putting down tunes that I felt only I could appreciate.

But as time has gone by, my mindset has started to change on how I choose to share my creativity (or lack thereof, your call). I remember reading a forum interview with a favorite drum & bass producer of mine, Skynet, in which he stated that the most important lesson he took away from his career is to never become to emotionally attached to your music; once you've started to invest more than just good vibes into a piece of art, you'll never be able to shy away from the tendencies of a perfectionist, constantly adjusting to no end.

This really hit home and made me realize that I might as well take what I have, put it out there, and see what happens. If people don't like it, so be it. If they do, who knows, maybe I could make a few bucks off of it to pay for college.

www.soundcloud.com/straightaway

Feel free to comment and be brutally honest. As time goes on, I'll use this blog to comment on how the creative process is going and give insight as to the stories behind each track.

No comments:

Post a Comment